The academic units of the University are organized into the Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; School of Education of HCLAS School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts of HCLAS School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of HCLAS Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs of HCLAS Frank G. Zarb School of Business The Lawrence Herbert School of Communication Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science School of Health Professions and Human Services Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies Stuart and Nancy Rabinowitz Honors College
School of Education of HCLAS School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts of HCLAS ; School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of HCLAS ; Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs of HCLAS ; Frank G. Zarb School of Business ; The Lawrence Herbert School of Communication ; Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science ; School of Health Professions and Human Services ; Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies ; and Hofstra University Honors College .
Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
School of Education of HCLAS
Specialized Programs in Education
Teaching, Learning and Technology
Early Childhood Education
Educational Studies (minor)
Fine Arts Education
Foreign Language Education
Social Studies Education
School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts of HCLAS
Comparative Literature, Languages, and Linguistics
American Sign Language
English as a Second Language
Literature in Translation
Russian and Post-Soviet Studies
Drama and Dance
Fine Arts, Design, Art History
Romance Languages and Literatures
French Literature in Translation
Italian Literature in Translation
Italian American Studies
Spanish and Francophone Studies
Spanish Literature in Translation
Writing Studies and Rhetoric
School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of HCLAS
Geology, Environment and Sustainability
Physics and Astronomy
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs of HCLAS
Global Studies and Geography
Geographic Information Systems
Philosophy of Law
Philosophy of Science
LEAP (Legal Education Accelerated Program)
Latin American and Caribbean Studies
Legal Education Accelerated Program (LEAP)
Peace and Conflict Studies
Frank G. Zarb School of Business
Information Systems and Business Analytics
Management and Entrepreneurship
Marketing, International Business and Legal Studies
The Lawrence Herbert School of Communication
Journalism, Media Studies, and Public Relations
Radio, Television, Film
Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Computer Science and Cybersecurity
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Science
- Chemistry Option
- Environmental Option
- Physics Option
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technology and Public Policy
School of Health Professions and Human Services
Counseling and Mental Health Professions
Creative Arts Therapy Counseling
Marriage and Family Therapy
Allied Health and Kinesiology
Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies
Physician Assistant Studies
Stuart and Nancy Rabinowitz Honors College is an innovative program leading to honors designations at graduation. The Honors curriculum offers a 12-credit first-year program, honors seminars, and the opportunity to do honors-level work in any undergraduate major or concentration.
Maurice A. Deane School of Law
Visit law.hofstra.edu for more information.
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Visit medicine.hofstra.edu for more information.
Hofstra University Continuing Education offers a broad range of workshops, seminars, conferences, lectures, events, and courses to Long Island and surrounding communities. These programs are oriented to diverse audiences with a commitment to lifelong learning: adult and youth, professional and general, experienced and novice. In some cases, registrants earn a certificate, license renewal, or continuing education units applicable to their professional association.
Listed below are some of the major programs being offered throughout the year. Detailed brochures on all curricula are available in the Continuing Education Office or by visiting the Web site at ce.hofstra.edu. For additional information, call 516-463-7200 or write: Hofstra University Continuing Education, 250 Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549.
In today’s rapidly changing, hyper-connected, global economy, the career skills needed today are very different than the skills needed just a few years ago. Do you have the right skills to thrive in the 21st-century workplace? Engage in lifelong learning to make sure your skillset is up to date, relevant, and marketable.
- BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT offers courses, seminars, conferences, workshops, and certificate programs in areas such as Certified Financial Planner, bookkeeping, insurance, real estate salesperson and appraisal, digital and social media marketing, small business, entrepreneurship, career development, business communications, not-for-profit management, and other business fields.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY courses consist of evening and weekend hands-on instruction in the most popular applications and programming languages including Microsoft Office, C#, Java, Visual Basic.NET, ASP.NET, and database design. In addition, noncredit certificate programs are offered in Project Management, CISCO Networks, Front-End Web Development, Object-Oriented Programming, and Database Design and Development.
PARALEGAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE PROGRAM prepares those with a minimum of 60 college credits for rewarding career opportunities in law firms, corporations, banks, insurance companies, government agencies, and the courts.
ALLIED HEALTH encompasses programs for professionals seeking training, basic and more advanced, in their field of expertise. These include programs for Personal Trainer/Health Fitness Instructor and American Sign Language.
- CREDIT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS include Accounting, Finance, General Management, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, International Business, Labor Studies, Marketing, and a Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate. In addition, Advanced Graduate Certificate Programs are offered in ten business specialties.
Our PERSONAL ENRICHMENT programs allow individuals to explore their passions in a wide range of areas, including writing, photography, acting, gardening, and more.
- PERSONAL ENRICHMENT IN RETIREMENT (PEIR), a self-directed, learner-centered daytime campus program, is designed for individuals in or approaching retirement who wish to utilize their leisure time in stimulating and creative ways.
- Hofstra University’s SATURDAY CLASSES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE is offered year-round to students ages 3-18. Students can choose from over 50 classes in academics, arts, and athletics for 10-week sessions during the fall and spring and six-week sessions during the summer and winter. The Saturday program also runs two special programs during the fall and spring: the Hofstra Gifted Academy, and the Hofstra REACH program for children on the Autism spectrum. For more information, visit ce.hofstra.edu/youth or call 516-463-7400.
- HOFSTRA SUMMER CAMPS offers more than 20 co-ed specialty camps for children entering kindergarten through 12th grade. Half of each day is spent in the camper’s chosen specialty and the other half in recreational activities including an instructional swim in Hofstra’s Olympic-sized pool.
For campers whose interests are strictly athletic – we offer sports academy camps in baseball, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, cheerleading, dance. Full days are spent in the chosen sport with NCAA head coaches.
Every Thursday is a special event day, always a favorite with our campers – carnivals, DJ parties, magicians, concerts, and crazy water relays. Hofstra summer camps provide an enriching atmosphere and unparalleled athletic and cultural facilities, on a beautiful 240-acre campus: computer and science labs, art studios, playing fields, tennis courts, arboretum, and dining facilities.
Our goal is to assist in the development of the whole child. Hofstra summer camps combine the excitement of our wide-ranging curriculum with the professionalism of our distinguished and caring instructors.
Tuition includes door-to-door transportation and lunch. For more information, visit hofstra.edu/camp or call 516-463-CAMP.