Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Frank G. Zarb School of Business offer the following BA or BS and MBA or MS dual degree programs:
- B.A. in Economics/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.A. in Mathematical Economics/Master of Business Administration ( (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Economics (Business)/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Mathematical Business Economics/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Mathematical Business Economics/Master of Science in Finance (149 s.h.)
- B.A in Labor Studies/Master of Business Administration (154 s.h.)
Dual-degree programs in economics (BA or BS) and master’s program (MBA or MS)
Qualified undergraduate students can elect to enroll in a dual degree program, combining their undergraduate bachelor’s degree in economics with a master of business administration or master of science. The dual degree programs can be completed in five years.
The BA or BS/MBA programs require the successful completion of 151 semester hours, including at least 107 semester hours at the undergraduate level and 44 semester hours at the graduate level. Students who are admitted to the MBA portion of the dual-degree program can use up to 17 semester hours of MBA-level graduate course work to satisfy their bachelor’s degree requirements subject to advisement and chairperson approval.
The BS/MS program requires the successful completion of 149 semester hours, including at least 116 semester hours at the undergraduate level and 33 semester hours at the graduate level. Students who are admitted to the MS portion of the dual degree program can substitute up to nine semester hours of undergraduate course work for their bachelor’s degree with an equal number of semester hours of MS-level graduate course work.
Interested students should apply for admission into their chosen dual degree programs in economics/MBA or economics/MS no later than at the end of the junior year or before completion of 92 semester hours of course work, and before seeking admission to the MBA or MS program. In order to be eligible for admission to the MBA or MS portion of the dual-degree program, students must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- A score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) of at least 550 taken before the end of their junior year, or before completion of 92 semester hours of course work.
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 at the time of application to the MBA or MS program or upon completion of 92 semester hours of course work toward their BA or BS degree, whichever is later.
- Successfully complete IT 015 and LEGL 020 .
Undergraduate students must apply and be accepted into the graduate program before being allowed to take graduate courses as part of their undergraduate program. In addition, students must complete the BA or BS degree before being permitted to take more than 17 graduate semester hours for the BA or BS/MBA programs or nine semester hours for the BS/MS program. Please contact the Zarb School of Business Graduate Programs Office for information.
See the complete BA and BS requirements in the Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences section of this online Bulletin.