Feb 21, 2024
Program Requirements - Total Semester Hours: 153
Qualified undergraduate students can elect to enroll in a dual-degree program, combining their undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a management major with a Master of Science in Education in business education. This program requires the successful completion of 153 semester hours, including at least 116 semester hours at the undergraduate level and 37 semester hours at the graduate level. It can be completed in five years. Students who are admitted to the MSEd portion of the dual-degree program can use up to 12 semester hours of MSEd-level graduate course work to satisfy their bachelor’s degree requirements, subject to advisement and approval of the student’s BBA major department chairperson.
Direct admission to the dual-degree program (BBA and MSEd)
Students entering Hofstra as incoming freshmen may apply for direct admission to the dual-degree program. In order to be considered for admission, applicants must have an overall high school GPA of 3.5 and must also submit scores on a nationally normed admission test (such as the SAT or ACT). A 1240 or better on the critical reading and mathematics sections of the SAT (or an ACT score of 25) is recommended. Students admitted directly to this program as incoming freshmen will be admitted automatically to the MSEd program at the end of their junior year provided that they attain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 at the time of application to the MSEd program or upon completion of 88 semester hours of course work toward their BBA program, whichever is latest.
Admission to the dual-degree program for current Hofstra students (BBA and MSEd)
Qualified Hofstra students majoring in Business Administration with a management major can apply for admission to the dual-degree program in BBA and MSEd prior to completing successfully 88 semester hours of undergraduate work. In order to qualify for admission to the dual-degree program, a student must attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application. Students admitted to the dual-degree program should note that admission to the MSEd portion of the program requires the fulfillment of the following requirements:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application to the MSEd program or upon completion of 88 semester hours of course work toward their BBA degree, whichever is latest.
- Submission of scores on a nationally normed admission test (such as the SAT or ACT).
- Fulfillment of all the undergraduate degree requirements with the exception of the semester hour and major requirements.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of undergraduate course work in-residence at Hofstra.
Undergraduate students must apply and be accepted into the MSEd program before being allowed to take graduate courses as part of their undergraduate program.
Awarding of BBA Degree
Students admitted to this dual-degree program will receive a BBA in management upon completion of the following requirements:
- the complete BBA Requirements described in the Frank G. Zarb School of Business section of this Bulletin. In particular, successful completion of a total of 128 semester hours, including 116 semester hours of undergraduate course work and 12 semester hours of MSEd graduate course work; and
- the specific major requirements described in the BBA in Management section of this Bulletin.
Awarding of MSEd Degree
Students admitted to this dual-degree program will receive a MSEd in business education upon completion of the entire MSEd in business education requirements described in Graduate Studies Bulletin, in particular:
- Successful completion of a total of 37 semester hours, 12 of which will be satisfied during the fourth year of undergraduate study
- Successful completion of all required observation hours and student teaching
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all graduate work.