Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Frank G. Zarb School of Business offer the following B.A. or B.S. and M.B.A. or M.S. dual degree programs:
- B.A. in Economics/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.A. in Mathematical Economics/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Economics (Business)/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Mathematical Business Economics/Master of Business Administration (151 s.h.)
- B.S. in Mathematical Business Economics/Master of Science in Finance (149 s.h.)
Dual-degree programs in economics (B.A. or B.S.) and master’s program (M.B.A. or M.S.)
Qualified undergraduate students can elect to enroll in a dual-degree program, combining their undergraduate bachelor’s degree in economics with a master of business administration or master of science. The dual-degree programs can be completed in five years.
The B.A. or B.S./M.B.A. programs require the successful completion of 151 semester hours, including at least 107 semester hours at the undergraduate level and 44 semester hours at the graduate level. Students who are admitted to the M.B.A. portion of the dual-degree program can use up to 17 semester hours of M.B.A.-level graduate course work for their bachelor’s degree requirements subject to advisement and chairperson approval.
The B.S./M.S. program requires the successful completion of 149 semester hours, including at least 116 semester hours at the undergraduate level and 33 semester hours at the graduate level. Students who are admitted to the M.S. portion of the dual degree program can substitute up to nine semester hours of undergraduate course work for their bachelor’s degree with an equal number of semester hours of M.S.-level graduate course work.
Interested students should apply for admission into their chosen dual-degree programs in economics/M.B.A. or economics/M.S. no later than at the end of the junior year, or before completion of 92 semester hours of course work, and before seeking admission to the M.B.A. or M.S. program. In order to be eligible for admission to the M.B.A. or M.S. portion of the dual-degree program, students must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- A score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) of at least 550 taken before the end of their junior year, or before completion of 92 semester hours of course work.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 in course work toward their B.A. or B.S. in Economics.
- Successfully complete IT 14 and LEGL 20.
Undergraduate students must apply and be accepted into the graduate program before being allowed to take graduate courses as part of their undergraduate program. In addition, students must complete the B.A. or B.S. degree before being permitted to take more than 17 graduate credits for the B.A. or B.S/M.B.A. programs or nine semester hours for the B.S./M.S. program. Please contact the Zarb School of Business Graduate Programs Office for information.
For complete B.A. or B.S. requirements, please see the Hofstra University Undergraduate Bulletin.